On a recent project we removed carpet in a basement only to find water in the carpet pad. A week or so when by and once again we entered the job site to find water on the floor in the basement. The homeowner gave us permission to investigate so we began the investigation process. Upon speaking to one waterproofing company we discovered that a basement water leak had been researched by the previous owner back in 2009. Our client had only lived in the home for about 1 month when the water issues were discovered.
The previous owner did not disclose a basement water leak and our investigative efforts may very well save our client from having to pay the $8,000 it will cost for repairs. I’m happy for our client but even happier that we discovered the problem before the new cork flooring was installed.